Food Service Assistant
Job no: 494846
Work type: Casual, Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the role
Mater is currently seeking applications for Food Service Assistants to work within our food service department on a casual and permanent part-time basis (25 hours per week). The main duties of these roles will include pot and dish washing and kitchen hand duties.
*Please note that this role has rostered shifts up until 11:30pm and Tuesday – Friday availability is essential.
Salary: $24.32 - $26.67 plus Superannuation + Salary Packaging
Providing the highest standards of service to our patients and service partners, these are fast-paced roles that will be best suited to candidates with a strong team focus who enjoy work that is diverse and requires the prioritisation of tasks. These roles also require a degree of physical fitness, as you will be on your feet all day, which may include lifting kitchen equipment and/or pushing heavy trolleys throughout the hospital.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 3+ years’ experience working in food services or a similar hospitality or customer service position
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- Moderate level of physical fitness to enable you to work on your feet all shift, pushing and controlling heavy trolleys on a regular and repetitive basis
Applicants with food services experience within a three - five star hotel will be highly regarded.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend