Food Service Assistant - Casual
Job no: 495023
Work type: Casual
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the role
Mater is currently seeking applications for a Food Service Assistants to work within our food service department on a casual basis at our South Brisbane campus.
Providing the highest standards of service to our patients and service partners, these are fast-paced roles that will be best suited to candidates with a strong team focus who enjoy work that is diverse and requires the prioritisation of tasks. These roles also require a degree of physical fitness, as you will be on your feet all day, which may include lifting kitchen equipment and/or pushing heavy trolleys throughout the hospital.
Please note full availability is essential in these roles. You will be required to work across a roster spanning Monday to Sunday (inclusive), between the hours of 5am and 9pm, completing 8 hour shifts on a 7 day rotating roster. Actual hours will be discussed at interview.
What you’ll be doing
As a Food Service Assistant you will be involved in a variety of activities throughout the day, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in the kitchens with food preparation
- Delivery and clearance of meal trays
- Pot and dish washing and kitchen cleaning
- Accurately take patient meal orders utilising the operating system CBORD
- Verify meal eligibility by comparing client information to food requirements
- Learn and use appropriate food and drink terminology and pronunciation
- Ability to apply critical thinking, problem solving and effectively deal with complexity
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 3+ years experience working in food services or a similar hospitality or customer service position
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- Good computer skills and ability to quickly learn industry-specific applications
- Moderate level of physical fitness to enable you to work on your feet all shift, pushing and controlling heavy trolleys on a regular and repetitive basis
Applicants with food services experience within a three - five star hotel will be highly regarded. Housekeeping experience is not required.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
**Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff.
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre commencement requirement.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend