Expressions of Interest: Registered / Clinical Midwives - Mater Mothers' Hospital
Job no: 492280
Work type: Casual, Fixed Term, Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
The Mater Mothers’ Hospital are currently seeking expressions of interest from Clinical Midwives and Registered Midwives, who are available for permanent full-time and part-time; temporary short-term and long-term OR casual positions across all areas of our Midwifery services.
Mater Mothers’ Hospital is renowned for providing high quality maternity services for women and families across Queensland, and beyond. Delivering over 10,000 babies per year, we provide exceptional care to both public and privately funded women ranging from normal, low risk pregnancy and birth to complex obstetric and medical care.
We are offering positions across all areas of our Midwifery services including:
- Antenatal Clinic and Homecare Unit
- Midwifery Group Practice
- Birth Suites
- Postnatal Units
- Parent Education Support
- Rotational Midwifery program
What you'll be doing
You will become an integral part of the team that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of those you care for, while making a positive contribution to the overall standard of care delivered at Mater Mothers’ Hospital.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
This is a fantastic chance to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practice within a supportive and professional environment. You will utilise your expertise in caring for women and families and your ability to work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team. You will enjoy demonstrating your excellent communication skills and building relationships to ensure exceptional patient care.
To be considered for a role, you must have:
- Current Midwifery registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate experience in a Midwifery environment
- Demonstrated ability to role model the Mater values
- Experience or an interest in providing care for women and their families in one of the service areas as listed above
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend