Clinical Nurse - Neonatal Care Critical Unit (NCCU)
Job no: 492281
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Mothers, Babies and Women’s Health Services Neonatal Critical Care Unit (NCCU) are seeking expressions of interest from motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Clinical Nurses wanting to be part of a collaborative team in caring for sick and premature babies within our department.
Positions are separated into different divisions of the NCCU department as follows:
- Cardiac / Surgical
- Preterm / Medical
- Special Care Nursery
The Neonatal Critical Care Unit is a 79 bed highly specialised and complex service which provides care for approximately 2000 babies per year. It is comprised of 45 intensive care beds, separated into Preterm/Medical and Cardiac/Surgical units, and 34 Special Care beds inclusive of rooming in facilities. Care is delivered in accordance with best practice standards and in a highly collaborative environment. The Mater NCCU is a perinatal tertiary referral centre for babies requiring cardiac and surgical care for the Southeast and central Queensland regions.
Salary range: $46.32 - $49.62 (Registered Nurse Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Our Clinical Nurses provide additional leadership and advanced clinical competency to our Nursing Team, using their extensive experience to provide a mentorship and guiding aspect to assist in the professional growth of less-experienced nursing team members, supporting the Nurse Manager in activities designed to aid the sustainability of the Clinical Stream and assist with skill development.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating advanced clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Supporting the Nurse Unit Manager in implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic team of passionate nurses.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse with Midwife Registration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a NCCU environment
- Postgraduate neonatal qualification or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and clinical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the continued quality improvement and best practice principles
- Demonstrated collaborative and engaging team approach and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding of the Mater mission and values and the ability to engage others in living the values in NCCU
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend