Director of Clinical Training
Job no: 492317
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Education & Training
About the role
Mater Education currently has an exciting and rewarding opportunity as Director of Clinical Training. This senior role reports to the Head of Practice Development and will be based at our South Brisbane campus. This opportunity will be offered as part time (20 hours per week) and the appointee can expect flexibility over working days. This position will be offered as a 3 year fixed term opportunity.
As the Director of Clinical Training you will provide medical leadership and management to support the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Mater Education's and Mater Group's Strategic and Operational Plans.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Key responsibilities include
- Oversight of Medical Education Unit function and strategic direction including medical recruitment, orientation, education delivery, career development, accreditation, assessment, evaluation and research
- Overarching supervision of International Medical Graduate junior workforce, including liaison with AHPRA for purposes of registration
- Oversight of development of excellence in the Prevocational Medical Education training
- Oversignt of development and support of institutional training requirements for all Mater Medical Officers beyond prevociational years
- Delivery of contemporary, best practice, interprofessional education, training and development of prevocational and vocational Medical Officers in collaboration with Mater Health Clinical Medical Directors, Mater Education Teams and other key stakeholders
- Collaboration with Mater Health clinical leads for junior doctor workforce management
- Governance of training for prevocational medical graduates (Interns, PGY1-3)
- Providing an essential role to the engagement and experience of prevocational medical graduates
- Direct line management of the Medical Education Manager
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Possession of a Medical degree with Clinical postgraduate consultant qualifications
- A concurrent clinical appointment at the facility in question, in a discipline where RMOs are allocated.
- Qualifications, appointment and experience sufficient to communicate on authoritative terms with senior consultants
- Completion of AHPRA supervision modules
- Hold academic title with relevant facility university (desirable and /or working towards)
- Demonstrated interest and high performance in junior doctor education, training and wellbeing
- Demonstrable capacity or experience in team leadership
- Interest and experience in adult learning and simulation
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work within high functioning Mater Education and Mater Health Teams in close collaboration with other Mater ministries and external Mater Partners. Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 8 December 2019.
To view a Position Description, click here
For further information, please contact Marlene Redelinghuys, Head of Practice Development on 07 3163 7804
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend