Job no: 492357
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
About the role
An exceptional opportunity is available for a Research Fellow to join Mater Research located at our Aubigny Place Head Office, Mater campus, South Brisbane in the Centre for Health System Reform & Integration. This Centre, a joint initiative between Mater and The University of Queensland undertakes research and policy development work in broad health system reform and integration, partnering with key stakeholders to research, inform and train in emerging areas of health care reform internationally.
The Research Fellow position is a part time/full time role. Offering this position 0.6 FTE (3 days per week) up to full time on an initial 2 year contract and is an ideal opportunity for a higher degree researcher with an interest in the integrated care projects of the Centre. These projects support and coordinate across a range of integrated care projects to facilitate high quality research development, implementation, monitoring and publications.
Salary: $95,771 p.a. plus superannuation and generous salary packaging
What you'll be doing
In this role you will:
- Assist with the refinement of research protocols, and the development of supporting study materials, ethics applications, and standard research programs.
- Coordinate and manage qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis in consultation with the research team.
- Conduct literature searches and reviews on relevant research topics, and collecting relevant material from libraries.
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of interim and final reports, papers, manuscripts, and conference presentations.
- Assist with preparation of associated grant applications to obtain research funding.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Completion of Honours or Master’s degree in health-related field – public health, allied health or nursing.
- Post-graduate health services research qualifications, or working towards.
- Current driver’s license.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods used in public health / health services research and evaluation research.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of research support and administration, including development of project timelines, collation of data collection instruments and collection of data from research participants.
- Experience in the use of computer packages for word processing, data storage and retrieval, e-mail, spreadsheets and other research management activities.
Applications should include a CV and a one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria as outlined on the position description.
Contract length: 2 years
Closing date: Monday 16 December 2019
To view the Position Description please click here
For further information specific to the position, please contact Prof Claire Jackson – email@example.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend