Job no: 492363
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
About the role
Mater currently has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced and professional Administration Manager to join the team for a 12-month Maternity cover in a full-time capacity. Reporting directly to the Director Administration, the purpose of this role is to lead the Mothers, Babies and Women's Health Administrative teams at our South Brisbane campus. This role will commence January 2020.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
As the Manager of this team you will provide excellent leadership skills and be responsible for delivering exceptional, low-variability administration services to patients.
- Leading your team to deliver service operations, meet budget targets, and improve administrative patient management across the service.
- Deliver service/operational planning in line with strategic goals and to support the Exceptional Every Time strategy.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, both within the Mothers, Babies and Women's Health Stream, and across the organisation.
- Team management, including employee engagement, performance management and compliance with Human Resources processes.
- Analysis, evaluation, and reporting on key performance indicators including financial, human resource, workplace health and safety, and systems management.
- Applying advanced knowledge of improvement frameworks to identify and implement enhancement opportunities to ensure low-variable and standardised work practices across the Administration Services.
You are an experienced Manager with a strong background in people leadership. You have a proven ability to lead your team to deliver the strategy, strong collegial skills in working in a team, whilst providing high performance from your people.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Extensive experience leading a large team within a health setting
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- High level office and information systems management skills
- Financial acumen and detailed knowledge of health-related funding arrangements and terminology.
Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration or related field would be highly regarded.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6 December 2019
For further information, please contact Charlene Borrie, Senior Administration Business Support Officer, 07 3163 6838.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend