Registered Nurse - Scrub/Scout
Job no: 492364
Work type: Casual, Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
The Mater Private Hospital Brisbane Perioperative Unit is seeking enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses with Scrub/Scout experience to work within the theatres. We have multiple vacancies available including full time, part time and casual roles which will be discussed at interview stage.
The Perioperative Unit specialises in general, gynaecology, urology, robotics, plastics, vascular, orthopaedics (including spine) and neurosurgery. As a highly valued member of the team you will be part of a group of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. The team is supportive, approachable and patient-focused, and provides excellent training and development opportunities.
Salary range: $35.43 – $45.53 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the perioperative team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic and supportive unit.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- At least 2 years’ recent Scrub/Scout experience
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Able to participate in a 7 day roster with on call work
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend