Team Leader - Dietetics
Job no: 492390
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
An opportunity has become available for experienced and qualified fulltime Team Leader – Dietetics to join the dynamic team at Mater in South Brisbane, to fulfil temporary full time positions until 30 June 2020.
The successful candidates will be reporting to the Director of Dietetics and Food Services, contributing to the strategic service development, education, research and overall financial and operational management of the department of Dietetics.
Salary range: $60.88 - $63.51 (Health Practitioner Level 5) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
You will be providing professional and operational management, clinical practice supervision and strategic leadership for a team delivering high level Dietetic services to Hospitals of Mater Health.
Your role will also involve but not limited to:
- Possess well developed broad clinical knowledge and skills and independently manage an allocated workload to deliver specialised clinical services across the continuum of care, within multidisciplinary teams and in accordance with professional and ethical standards
- Lead the development and knowledge translation of evidence based clinical practices, procedures, protocols and educational materials to improve the delivery of dietetic services in relation to a broad range of speciality areas
- Provide clinical leadership in the professional development of clinicians and support staff, facilitating competency training to ensure effective service delivery and quality outcomes
- Demonstrate clinical leadership and expertise obtained through significant professional development activities and training and actively pursue development and learning opportunities including contribution to the training of Dietitian/Nutritionists and other health professionals
Our ideal candidate is a strong leader who is open to innovation and new ways of thinking, and has the ability to promote and lead their team through change.
The successful candidates will have:
- Possess tertiary qualifications in Nutrition and Dietetics and have Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) status
- Previous demonstrated experience in a leadership or management role
- Demonstrated specialist level clinical knowledge, expertise and skills in contemporary clinical practice standards in Nutrition and Dietetics, or;
- Demonstrated advanced level of clinical knowledge, expertise and skills in more than two relevant clinical areas as general specialist in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Demonstrated ability to apply evidence based principles to facilitate novel and complex clinical decisions
- High level critical thinking, analysis and decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Monday 16 December 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend