Senior Dietitian - Health Promotion
Job no: 492401
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater is seeking an experienced Senior Dietitian to join their dynamic team to assist implement the A Better Choice Healthy Food and Drink Strategy at Mater. This position will be offered on a temporary part time basis working 46 hours per fortnight for a period of 8 months and commencing early in the New Year.
Salary range: $53.85 - $57.92 (Health Practitioner Level 4) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Director of Dietetics and Foodservices, you will deliver high level advice, recommendations and lead initiatives to enable the implementation of the A Better Choice Healthy Food and Drink Strategy and achieve compliance with relevant Directives across Mater Group SEQ facilities.
You role will also involve but not limited to:
- Utilising evidence-based practice to apply knowledge and skills that facilitate novel and complex decisions under professional guidance of more senior manager
- Undertaking baseline audits of existing retail, catering and vending services, menus and marketing materials
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives and strategies in collaboration with current contactors and Director Dietetics and Foodservices to achieve compliance with A Better Choice Healthy Food and Drink Strategy and relevant Directives
- Developing audit tools and processes for A Better Choice Healthy Food and Drink Strategy and relevant Directives to meet annual obligations and ensure ongoing best practice and customer satisfaction
- Developing and implementing education and marketing tools to support implementation at point of sale
- Supervising Public Health Nutrition placement students in projects related to implementing the A Better Choice Healthy Food and Drink Strategy
To be successful in your application for this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Nutrition and Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition or similar
- Previous experience implementing public health nutrition projects of a wide scope
- Previous experience implementing projects related to Qld Health “A Better Choice” initiative and directive
- Previous experience coordinating and supervising Nutrition and Dietetics student placements
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Monday 16 December 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend