Senior Project Officer Integrated Care
Job no: 492458
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
About the role
Mater is currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Officer-Integrated Care to join the Centre for Integrated Care & Innovation team for 12 months working 46 hours per fortnight.
The Centre for Integrated Care & Innovation (the Centre) initiates and develops models of care that support health system integration and innovative models of service delivery. Our goal is to better meet patient/carer needs and to develop a nationally comprehensive and well-coordinated system of health care provision.
The Senior Project Officer Integrated Care supports strategic and operational projects to meet organisational objectives in relation to integrated care. The position provides project/program support and coordination across a range of integrated care projects to facilitate high quality project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation as a member of the Centre.
The position provides an ideal opportunity for a clinician researcher with an interest in integrated care and developing innovative models in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders across the care continuum.
Salary range: $50.92 - $54.55 (MCAS Level 6) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The position requires a unique clinician and evaluation/health services research skill set which supports the implementation of Mater’s strategic direction. The role will see you:
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders to provide advice and support on issues relating to better integrated health services
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Independently lead, facilitate and implement initiatives, and develop policy (if required)
- Effectively manage change in practice
- Establish and maintain effective communications and strong clinical and professional networks
- Initiate and develop joint/shared funding opportunities in the area of primary/secondary health care integration
Provide support to the Director and other members of the Centre on a range of relevant issues
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary level (degree) health professional
- Completion of higher degree research (Honours or Master’s), or working towards, in health-related field (e.g. public health, allied health, nursing)
- Past evaluation and/or health services research experience
You will also have:
- Exceptional communication, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Sound knowledge of the health system context, in particular the interface between secondary and primary health care.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in all aspects of project management, including change management processes and ability to apply and measure these effectively to implement new and innovative integrated health care delivery models.
- Demonstrated experience in research, including publications, and evaluation across a range of primary health and community care settings.
- Evidence of successful grant tendering.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 8 March 2020
For further information, please contact Caroline Nicholson, Director Mater UQ Centre for Primary Health Care Innovation at Caroline.Nicholson@mater.org.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend