Job no: 492575
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Research is a world class facility that is committed to academic medicine and aims to discover, develop, translate, and commercialise medical research that integrates with relevant areas of excellence within clinical practice. Proud of its strong history and relationship with Mater, Mater Research is continuing to drive medical innovation which can be translated into clinical care for the benefit of all. To facilitate this vision, we require a talented Research Nurse in a full-time capacity to assist with research activity relevant to our Medical Oncology Group.
Salary: Level 7 $82,215 - $89,922 per annum.
Contract duration: 12 months
What you'll be doing
The Research Nurse’s role encompasses the following duties:
- Coordinate the care of Medical Oncology clinical trial patients as per specific protocol requirements.
- Clinical application of trial related activities including but not limited to administration of chemotherapy and immunotherapy drugs and Investigational Products, blood collection, patient adverse event assessment, performing electrocardiographs.
- Develop strong working relationships with the clinical trial patient and their care givers.
- Implementation and day to day management of research projects in close collaboration with clinical staff and study investigators ensuring efficient processes are instigated and followed.
- Identification of barriers to adequate study recruitment in close collaboration with study investigator and develop improved strategies
- Assist in the development of data collection systems and organise and manage data collection in accordance with regulatory standards and project timelines.
- Conducting clinical research to ensure consistency and adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to MR/MML Clinical Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues associated with the conduct of clinical research in collaboration with the MR/MML staff, clinicians, external investigators, external sites and collaborators.
- Ensure that the Ethics and Research Governance Office receives required trial progress reports, any protocol amendments and trial reports.
The qualifications and attributes that will facilitate your success in this role are:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration.
- Relevant and current qualification (within 2 years) related to Medical Oncology Nursing.
- Chemotherapy, Central Venous Access Device, venepuncture competencies would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills necessary for negotiating and liaising effectively with a diverse range of staff, patients and other stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct clinical research to ensure consistency and adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
A competitive salary based on qualifications, experience, with generous salary sacrificing opportunities and superannuation will reward you. Applications should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae addressing the selection criteria in the attached position description along with contact details of two professional referees.
Closing Date for Applications: COB Wednesday 26 February 2020
For position enquiries, please contact Dr Matthew Spitzer firstname.lastname@example.org
PD Med Oncology Research Nurse.pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend