Registered Nurse - Endoscopy
Job no: 492605
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater has exciting opportunities for experienced and highly motivated Registered Nurse to work within the Endoscopy units on a permanent full time or part time basis. These units perform a variety of endoscopic procedures, including gastroscopy, cystoscopy, bronchoscopy and colonoscopy procedures on a daily basis with a focus on interventional work such as, bone marrow biopsy, E.U.S., E.B.U.S. and E.R.C.P.'s.
Salary range: $35.43 - $45.53 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As a Registered Nurse, your role will involve (but is not limited to):
- Providing quality care to patients undergoing Endoscopy and minor procedures. Includes pre/intra and post procedure care.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and collaborating with other health professionals in the delivery of health care
- Working to ensure continuous quality improvement and abiding by risk management guidelines
- Preparing patients for discharge
You will be part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. The team is supportive, approachable and patient focused and provides excellent training and development opportunities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Extensive recent Endoscopy experience
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and share knowledge with less-experienced staff
- Excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated awareness of and involvement in quality and risk management activities
You will have a strong patient-service focus, demonstrated commitment to continued service improvement, willingness to facilitate and encourage cohesive, positive professional relationships and be required to demonstrate problem-solving skills to improve our patient’s care outcomes relevant to the Endoscopy Unit.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 26 February 2020.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend