Digital Infrastructure Specialist
Job no: 492624
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater- Digital Technology and Infrastructure (DTI) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Infrastructure Specialist – Database Administrator to join their team in a full time and 12 month term capacity (with the potential for extension). This represents a career defining opportunity to become a leader in the fast paced healthcare industry with a market leader and proudly not for profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise into a high functioning, multi skilled team. This role provides specialist knowledge to ensure maintenance, support, problem solving and continuous improvement are managed in a timely and customer focused manner to meet business needs.
Salary range $42.57 - $46.32 (MCA Level 5) per hour plus superannuation and other benefits including salary packaging What you’ll be doing
The Digital Technology Information Division is in a growth period and you get the chance to be apart of it!
Working in a award winning leading digital hospital, no two days will be the same as you provide support with a variety of digital infrastructure related tasks including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues on Maters modern platforms, proven experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Management Studio among others.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on multiple exciting projects and gain exposure to a broad range of areas across IT and the business. Our cutting edge business application availability project will be kicking off soon with the opportunity to get involved and have exposure to the latest platforms such as Azure, providing you with the ability to share your expert knowledge of data management specialisation and integration. In the Mater DTI Team, we take continuing professional development seriously. You will be given the opportunity to grow your knowledge professionally while making a contribution to our community.
To be successful, you will demonstrate success in a similar role for a minimum of five years, coupled with the below:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2017; SQL data warehouse, SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Reporting Services and MySQL.
- Scripting: Shell, TSQL
- Experience in business intelligence solutions and data warehouse development. Expertise in SQL server enterprise data management and database migrations
- Knowledge of Azure database services
- Experience in SolarWinds Reporting
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities and determine priorities in a customer focused environment.
- High level of communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and liaise with multiple stakeholders throughout the business, including both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values.
- High level of understanding of ITIL principles and how they apply to IT operations.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that provides compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th February 2020
For further information, please contact Matt Ashby, Team Leader/Data Centre Manager- IT Platform Services on 3163 7196.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to the closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend