Staff Specialist - Medical Oncology
Job no: 492661
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers
About the role
Mater Cancer Care Centre (MCCC) within the Mater Hospitals Brisbane is currently seeking applications for a Staff Specialist in Medical Oncology. This position will be offered on a fixed term part time (40 hours per fortnight) basis for a period of 12 months.
The Mater Cancer Care Centre (MCCC) aims to offer all patients, regardless of their level of health insurance cover, access to a modern state-of-the-art facility that provides individualized comprehensive and compassionate care.
The centre includes specialist suites, consultation rooms, cancer care treatment pods, palliative care, support programs and a specialised pharmacy. The layout of the centre will enable a holistic approach to cancer care all from the one convenient location offering 40 treatment pods, consultation rooms and Mater Pharmacy.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Clinical consultancy for Medical Oncology services within the Mater Hospital Brisbane
- Clinical consultancy as required, for Mater regional sites
- Conduct regular inpatient ward rounds which incorporate teaching as well as direction and monitoring of patient care
- Supervise and teach trainee registrars in the outpatient clinic
- Conduct teaching sessions with undergraduate and postgraduate students and for others as necessary
- Provide adequate recording of consultations, and provide specialist opinion to referring medical practitioners
Suitable applicants will require:
- A collaborative and engaging approach to team work
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- A commitment to patient safety and quality improvement
- Effective and demonstrated clinical problem solving skills to maximize patient care within the multidisciplinary team
- A basic medical degree registered with the Medical Board of Queensland.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or equivalent.
- Registered as a Medical Oncologist with Medical Board of Queensland.
- Commitment to the Mater Mission and Values
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 March 2020
For more information specific to the role, please contact Dr Vikram Jain, Director of Oncology on 07 3163 6166 or 07 3163 8545.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend