After Hours Nurse Manager - Mater Springfield
Job no: 492702
Work type: Casual
Location: Mater Hospital Springfield, Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing, Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Springfield are currently seeking motivated and experienced Registered Nurses who have current clinical experience with a broad knowledge of general medical and surgical specialities to join the team as an After Hours Nurse Manager. This position will be offered on a casual basis.
The After Hours Nurse Manager (AHM) is responsible for the organisation and management of the hospital outside of normal working hours. By providing a clear focus for operational leadership, the AHM facilitates provision of a high standard of holistic patient/client centred care, to maximise effective management of clinical, financial and human resources within a quality and risk management framework.
Salary range: $52.69 - $59.14 (Registered Nurse Level 3) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The After Hours Nurse Manager has responsibility for the provision and coordination of Clinical and Management support after hours for the Mater Private Hospital Springfield and/or other health services as required. The After Hours Nurse Managers are a dedicated team of Hospital Managers operating across early and late shifts including weekends and public holidays, and night shifts seven days per week.
Your key accountabilities in this role will include:
- Promotes and participates in the implementation of Mater Health Services strategic plan and contributes to the achievement of the corporate mission and strategy objectives whilst maintaining a visible presence.
- Creates a workplace environment that encourages collaboration within and across health care teams to optimise outcomes.
- Liaises with relevant services and units both within and external to the health service to ensure effective coordinated service delivery that meets the needs of patients.
- Fosters a culture of engagement with the team and the organisation, which is reflective of the Mater values.
- In conjunction with the manager, manages resources to achieve both budget and service delivery targets whilst maximising service delivery outcomes for patients.
- Initiates, facilitates and participates in continuous improvement activities focused on enhanced service provision, patient safety and satisfaction.
- Oversees and participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Tertiary qualification in specialty, health administration or management (or working towards).
- Minimum of five years’ experience including experience as a Clinical Nurse or other leadership role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 March 2020
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend