RM Caseload Model of Care
Job no: 492713
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
The Mater Mothers’ Hospital Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) team currently has a full time position available for a Registered Midwife in a Caseload Model of Care on a permanent full time basis.
The BIOC (Birthing in our Community) MGP program provides maternity care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families and enables women to be cared for and supported by a group of known midwives with the support of Indigenous Health Workers and the multidisciplinary team. BIOC MGP works in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Service (AICHS), and the Institute for Urban and Indigenous Health (IUIH) to provide antenatal and postnatal care in the community and hospital and birthing in the hospital.
This role requires an enthusiastic and dedicated midwife to provide exceptional Midwifery care in coordinating, assessing, planning and providing care. It is a fantastic chance to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practice within a supportive and professional environment. This opportunity will utilise your expertise in caring for women and families and your ability to work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team. You will enjoy demonstrating your excellent communication skills and building relationships to ensure exceptional patient care.
Salary range: $35.43 - $45.53 (RN1) per hour plus superannuation
What you'll be doing
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to utilise and expand their skills in the following areas:
- Providing continuity of care to women covering the spectrum of midwifery care from antenatal to intrapartum and for up to 6 weeks postnatal
- Understanding evidence based midwifery practice in both the antenatal and postnatal periods
- Working within the home environment
- Working in partnership with women and the multidisciplinary team
- Supporting the Midwifery Unit Manager in service development and data collection
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant must have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, including Midwifery endorsement
- Significant postgraduate experience in a Midwifery environment
- Recent experience working in antenatal care, birth suites and post-natal settings
- Experience working in a continuity of care model
- Evidence of continuing educational and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to role model the Mater values
- Experience providing care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families
- An understanding of the health and social needs of Indigenous women and their families
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families by becoming a part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practice within a supportive and professional environment. This role presents an excellent opportunity to gain specialised experience within this field; therefore, registered midwives are encouraged to apply.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Application closing date: Wednesday 1 April 2020
In submitting your application, please include a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this position, and the skills and experience you would bring to the role.
For further information specific to the position, please contact Jo Costello, MGP Midwifery Unit Manager on 07 3163 2348.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend