Nurse Manager - Perioperative Services
Job no: 492721
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Townsville
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Townsville – Pimlico Campus
- Relocation Assistance: $5,000 + 2 weeks staff accommodation
About the role
With Mater Private Hospital Townsville’s $52 million Mercy Centre opening in April 2020; we are looking for a dynamic and energetic Nurse Manager - Perioperative Services to lead our Theatre Services team.
Based in Townsville - this is an exciting role during a large growth period for the hospital and will encourage and support the growth of our skilled theatre nursing team covering a wide range of specialties across the hospital. Comprising of employees across two hospitals including 16 theatres and Central Service Sterilising Department, our Mercy Centre will deliver a new X-Ray facility, digital Operating Theatres, a new Day Surgery Unit and a new Hospital entrance.
Salary : $160,000 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
As the Nurse Manager - Perioperative Services you will be a strong communicator and relationship builder with the ability to engage a wide range of hospital stakeholders at all levels. You will be an upbeat and results orientated person, with the ability to provide operational, clinical and commercial expertise to monitor and drive successful patient outcomes.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Creating an environment that ensures patient centred care (PCC) and professional practices meet all Australian perioperative and MPHT standards
- Managing all people, financial and material resources to enable efficient end to end perioperative services for 16 operating theatres over two hospital sites
- Partnering with MPHT support services and VMOs to monitor performance, including patient outcomes, and to maximise the cost effective utilisation of our facilities.
- In collaboration with Nursing Services colleagues, provide leadership to ensure PCC incorporates the full patient experience from admission to discharge
- Contemporary, evidence-based, clinical expertise and escalation support is embedded and provides consistent quality of practice, governance and sound clinical decision making for all Theatre Services.
In return for your skills and experience Mater provides benefits including opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options. You will also have the rare and exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Queensland healthcare provider, with a 75 year history in Townsville bringing together our collective expertise and resources across health, education and research to improve the health of our community.
Working at Mater means continuing the tradition that the Sisters of Mercy established in Townsville in 1954, based on five important Values—Mercy Spirituality, Compassion, Excellence in Care, Respect and Justice. Together, the five Mater Values underpin our relationships with one another, assist us in our decision making, and shape our workplace culture.
How to Apply
For confidential discussion please contact Nicholas Doherty on 07 4727 4597 otherwise please submit your resume by clicking "Apply Now". Applications will be shortlisted upon application so please don't delay.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend