Job no: 492727
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Mothers’ Hospital is seeking caring registered midwives who are looking to make a difference to families experiencing perinatal loss. We have an opportunity for experienced midwives to take on the role of Bereavement Support Midwives on a part-time basis working 20-24 hours per week.
The Mater Mothers’ Bereavement Support Program was established in 2007 to provide comprehensive care to families who experience the death of a baby. The service has a focus on direct clinical care of bereaved families, clinical research and staff education.
Salary range: $35.43 - $45.53 (RN Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The successful applicant will work collaboratively with the current Clinical Midwife, and duties will include:
- Staff support and mentoring in relation to perinatal loss
- Coordinating care for bereaved families
- Direct care and support to grieving families
- Provision of ongoing bereavement support following discharge
- Involvement in perinatal mortality audit processes, and
- Participation in quality assurance activities and clinical research
The Bereavement Support Program is part of Parent Education and Support Services, and as such is supported by, and reports to the Midwifery Unit Manager – Parent Education and Support.
The successful applicant should possess:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Midwife
- Previous midwifery experience
- An active interest in perinatal loss support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide and promote evidenced based maternity care
- An ability to work autonomously and function as a member of a diverse health service delivery team
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Applications close Wednesday 8 April 2020.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend