Job no: 492731
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Mater Finance department have an exciting opportunity for a Support Accountant to join the team on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
What you'll be doing
This role is expected for fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Ability to meet month end deadline in accordance with timetable.
- Assist with preparation of Month End Executive Report, and other standard month end reports.
- Provide monthly feedback on budget and transaction variances to cost centre managers as required using key ratios – including investigating any standard queries from cost centre managers or directors regarding month end results.
- Provide data support to Finance Manager and Management Accountant by using COGNOS reports and queries.
- Provide support to Finance Manager and Management Accountants in preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Ability to work autonomously and meet forecast deadlines in accordance with set timetable.
- Provide support and maintain the budget review templates.
- Preparation of acquittals
- Sundry Debtor Invoicing.
- Provide coverage for Management Accountant during periods of absence eg. Annual Leave
- Various other Ad-Hoc requests.
- Tertiary Accounting qualification
- Strong Excel skills
- Recent experience in similar role
- Management Accounting Experience preferred
- Must be confident and demonstrate attention to detail
- Strong system and Excel skills
- Accounting System use – preferably Navision
- Business Intelligence Tool use – preferably Cognos
- Budget System use – preferably TM1.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and have:
- Mathematical abilities and accounting knowledge are integral
- Strong system skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be a team player, good communications skills
- Ability to interact with internal staff of all levels
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 March at 5pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend