Clinical Nurse - Endoscopy
Job no: 492792
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse to join them on a permanent full time basis within the Endoscopy units.
The Endoscopy department performs a variety of endoscopic procedures, including gastroscopy, cystoscopy, bronchoscopy and colonoscopy procedures on a daily basis with a focus on interventional work such as; E.U.S., E.B.U.S. and E.R.C.P.'s.
Salary range: $46.32 - $49.62 (Registered Nurse Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Our Clinical Nurses provide additional leadership and advanced clinical competency to our Nursing Team, using their extensive experience to provide mentorship and a guiding aspect to assist in the professional growth of less-experienced nursing team members. The Clinical Nurse supports the Nurse Manager in activities designed to aid the sustainability of the Clinical Stream and assist with skill development.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating advanced clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Supporting the Nurse Unit Manager in implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic ward.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- A minimum of three years clinical experience in the Endoscopy setting
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29 May 2020
For further information specific to the role please contact Georgia Caulfield - Nursing Director Perioperative and Procedural Services on 07 3163 1008.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend