Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist
Job no: 492799
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater Health has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a highly experienced, passionate and motivated Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist to join the team on a permanent part-time basis (0.5FTE).
The purpose of the role is to deliver high level clinical neuropsychology in the areas of clinical, education and research within the Mater Neurosciences clinical stream and other areas of Mater Health as required. The role is expected to complete duties with a high degree of independence, knowledge, skills, experience and provides clinical leadership within the professional and the following multidisciplinary team: Mater Advanced Epilepsy Unit, General Neurology and Neurosurgery, and the Rehabilitation unit.
Salary range: $53.85 - $57.92 (Health Practitioner Level 4) per hour plus superannuation
What you'll be doing
Services you will provide will include (but are not limited to):
- High level Clinical Neuropsychological assessment, diagnosis, treatment, case management and referral for adults within Neurosciences (including, but not limited to, Epilepsy service, General Neurology, Neurosurgery, and the Rehabilitation Unit) with a degree of autonomy in accordance with the Psychology Board of Australia Area of Practice Endorsement competencies in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Provide high level clinical services to complex caseloads, exercising independent clinical judgement, with infrequent need for direct clinical supervision
- Provide leadership in the development of clinical practice, procedures and administrative protocols for neuropsychology and the multidisciplinary team that support the continuum of care.
- Provide clinical education and supervision for postgraduate psychology students and less experienced staff as appropriate with the support of senior clinical staff where required.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills within a multi-disciplinary team, establish priorities, exercise initiative and deliver outputs within agreed timeframes
- Develop clinical practice knowledge and expertise through active learning within teams and by engaging in professional development activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Full (general) registration with AHPRA
- Post graduate qualifications and endorsement as a Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Post graduate qualifications and endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist is highly desirable
- Relevant hospital experience is highly desirable
- Eligibility for accreditation as a Board Approved Supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia to supervise postgraduate students, provisional psychologists, and psychologists completing the registrar program is highly desirable
Coupled with your clinical skills, the successful applicant will be an excellent communicator with strong customer service and interpersonal skills, and possess excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options
Applications will be reviewed as submitted. In addition to a current CV, please provide a cover letter (1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would make you a suitable candidate for this position.
For further information specific to the position, please contact Amy Chiu, Team Leader Clinical Psychologist on 07 3163 7962.
Closing date for applications is Friday 12 June 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend