Clinical Nurse Consultant- Infection Management
Job no: 492804
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced Clinical/Registered Nurse with a current AHPRA nursing registration and qualifications to temporarily step into the role of Clinical Nurse Consultant- Infection Management. This position is offered on full time and fixed term (12 months) basis and based at our South Brisbane campus.
What you’ll be doing
The Mater is committed to creating an organisational culture that values safety, identifies system vulnerabilities, and clearly integrates risk, quality and safety functions and activities. Within this broad context, and at the organisation level of clinical governance, the purpose of this position is to:
- Lead the effective utilisation of contemporary infection management practice throughout the organisation through the development and ongoing improvement of the infection management program.
- Provide nursing leadership within a multi-disciplinary team to effectively guide Mater in meeting its infection management health service obligations including responsibilities associated with the organisation’s immunisation and occupational exposure program.
- Provide expert guidance and mentorship to clinicians focused on the development of services and clinical practice for safe, high-quality, patient-centric healthcare.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Infection Management or closely related field
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with hospital and Infection Management information systems (e.g. Multiprac)
- Hand Hygiene Australia Gold Standard Hand Hygiene Auditor (or working towards) - this is desirable as well as a post-graduate qualification in Infection Management or related field
For further information please contact Dr Anna Sartor, Manager Infection Management on 3163 6561.
To view the Position Description please learn more Clinical Nurse Consultant_Infection Management.docx.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7 August 2020.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend