Scientist - Haematology and Transfusion
Job no: 492932
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Pathology has an exciting opportunity for a Scientist with experience in Haematology and Transfusion Medicine. This fixed-term maternity leave replacement position is available for the period 01/09/2020 – 15/08/2021 working 68.4-76 hours per fortnight.
We are seeking a scientist who can work as part of a flexible team on a continuous shift roster including overnight and weekend shifts. With the primary role within the Haematology division, some out-of-hour shifts will cover both Haematology and Transfusion. You will apply independent scientific judgement and knowledge of quality processes in the analysis of patient specimens leading to the accurate and timely verification and validation of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine results.
Salary Range: $33.32 - $48.85 (Health Practitioner 3) per hour plus superannuation.
- A minimum of four (4) years full-time experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory in the areas of Haematology/Transfusion and shift work experience covering a 24 hour roster
- Action significant results responsibly including result authorisation and notification of critical results according to Mater Pathology protocols
- Problem solve routine technical issues, participate positively in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and work efficiently while also prioritising workflow in a mixed workload environment
- Utilise scientific and professional judgement in of decision making
- Demonstrate a level knowledge of quality assurance in Haematology/Transfusion including knowledge of TGA, NPAAC, NATA and any other statutory requirements for the delivery of the services
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A tertiary qualification in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent Bachelor of Science degree with units in advanced Haematology and Transfusion Medicine
- A minimum of two (2) years recent participation in a Haematology 24hr roster
- Knowledge of Transfusion Medicine as applied within a maternity hospital.
- Membership to an appropriate professional organisation.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 July 2020.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend