Registered Nurse- Mater Private Hospital Springfield
Job no: 492982
Work type: Casual
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Springfield has an opportunity available for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join their Mater Cancer Care Centre. This role will be offered in a casual capacity.
Mater is meeting the growing healthcare needs of the Greater Springfield community by building MPHS offering an 80-bed hospital providing a range of medical and surgical services as well as a combination of Perioperative and day beds, and a day oncology unit within a dedicated cancer care centre. With a strong history of providing exceptional care to the Queensland community for more than 100 years, Mater is looking for a dedicated team of professionals to continue this tradition at MPHS.
Salary range: $35.43 - $45.43 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation and casual loading
What you'll be doing
In the role, you will enjoy being part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. The team is supportive, approachable; patient focused and provides excellent training and development opportunities.
To be considered for the position you will have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Current chemotherapy competency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times
- Availability to work across a 24/7 roster
The successful candidates will be hard working, enthusiastic and able to show initiative. You will be approachable with a mature and confident attitude, have the ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
Please note if you are currently working 0.8FTE elsewhere, we are unable to employ you on a casual basis.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 6 August 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend