Patient Financial Liaison Officer
Job no: 493224
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater is currently seeking an experienced Patient Financial Liaison Officer to join our wider Billings Team in the Right of Private Practice team on a permanent full time basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise into a high functioning, mvulti skilled team.
Salary range: $32.77-$36.63 (MCA Level 3) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The Patient Financial Liaison Officer is responsible for accurate billing for practitioners whilst delivering exceptional customer service to Mater patients, health practitioners and staff.
Your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Accurate and timely billing and receipting of services billed to patients, health funds and third parties on behalf of health practitioners
- Undertake verifications with health funds and Medicare to confirm patient benefit entitlements
- Debtor management relating to all claim types
- Establish rapport and liaise with health practitioners regarding billing and payment enquiries
- Resolution of account queries from patients, Medicare, health funds and third parties
- Receipting and reconciliation of payments received from Medicare, health funds, third parties and patients
- Preparation of daily banking for the Right of Private Practice Office
- Batching, verifying and lodging of medical billing
- Other duties as directed
To be successful, you will require:
- Previous medical billing experience is essential
- Experience using Excel (V Lookup and Pivot Table)
- Demonstrable knowledge of the application Medicare Schedule of Benefits (MBS) and Health Funds legislation and guidelines
- Previous experience working in a health related environment
- Commitment to the promotion of Mater philosophy and its application
- Experience with TotalCare, iPM or Verdi is desirable
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work within a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information, please contact Angela Aicken, Business Manager – Right of Private Practice on 07 3163 8025.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend