Senior Regional Neonatal Fellow
Job no: 493336
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers
About the role
Mater is seeking qualified and dedicated Senior Regional Neonatal Fellow’s to join the team. We have multiple rotational positions available which will be offered on 12 month fixed term contract, commencing February 2021. This is a full time appointment where you will work 26 weeks per annum as a Neonatal Fellow at Mater Mother’s South Brisbane and 26 weeks as a Mater Regional Paediatrician in Mater Rockhampton and/or Mater Mackay facilities.
Salary range: $67.77 - $74.68 (SREG) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Key accountabilities will include:
Neonatal Fellow at Mater Mother’s Hospital South Brisbane
- Be part of and provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of comprehensive family-centred developmental care to babies in Mater Mothers Hospital
- Practice evidence-based neonatology to ensure a high quality, efficient service
- Participate in, and assist in the smooth co-ordination of a multidisciplinary approach to service provision
- Experienced neonatal advanced trainees in this role will participate in the out-of-hours neonatologist roster with direct neonatologist back up supervision; general paediatricians without extensive neonatal experience in this role will participate in the neonatal fellow roster
- Supervise registrars, resident medical officers, and neonatal nurse practitioner candidates who work in the Neonatal Critical Care Unit
- Liaise and collaborate with other clinical teams across Queensland, including with teams from Queensland Children’s Hospital, other Neonatal Intensive Care Units and Special Care Nursery services
- Liaise with relevant Universities and Training organisations in relation to arrangements for teaching in Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine at the Mater Mothers' Hospital
- Take part in clinical governance and service delivery activities to continually ensure the provision of a high standard of medical care and strive for excellence
- Utilise and ensure compliance with contemporary human resource management practice and principles including workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination requirements
Mater Regional Paediatrician
- Be part of the multidisciplinary team delivering family-centred developmental care to babies born at Mater Rockhampton and/or Mater Mackay
- Participate in the after-hours paediatric roster attending deliveries and emergencies at the regional hospital as requested
- Undertake a daily ward round, including weekends when rostered
- Provide general paediatric outpatient services as scheduled by the regional hospital
- Complete all required billing documentation for all patients seen in an inpatient and outpatient setting
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner without conditions, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Specialist registration: Paediatrics and Child Health – General Paediatrics
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) or equivalent
- Completed Advanced Training in General Paediatrics with the RACP or equivalent
- Up to date knowledge of Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine and General Paediatrics and related subjects, and of technical equipment used in Neonatal and General Paediatric practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary best practice methods within Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine and General Paediatrics
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 9 December 2020
For further information specific to the role, please contact Dr Pita Birch, Director of Neonatology on 07 3163 8868.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend