About the role
The Mater Emotional Health Unit is seeking a dynamic and adaptable Registered Nurse with experience in Mental Health within a hospital setting to join the team on a part-time (72 hours per fortnight), fixed term contract until 13 June 2021.
The Emotional Health Unit is the first of its kind in Queensland, providing a specialised private mental health service consisting of an Inpatient Unit, Day Program (Recovery College) and Outpatient Consultancy treatment for young adults aged 16-25 years.
As a Registered Nurse in the Emotional Health Unit you will be required to provide the highest level of specialist care to patients, their families, carers and visitors. Our team of industry professionals work together as a cohesive and collaborative unit, going above and beyond to provide an exceptional level of care and deliver the highest level of clinical standards for the patient and the unit.
Salary range: $36.32 - $46.67 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As a Registered Nurse in the Emotional Health Unit, you will have a strong patient-service focus, demonstrated commitment to continued service improvement, willingness to facilitate and encourage cohesive, positive professional relationships and be required to demonstrate problem-solving skills to improve patient care outcomes relevant to the unit.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing and broader multidisciplinary teams to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this exceptional department.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in a Mental Health setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Willingness to undertake shift work
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Previous experience and/or exposure to Young Adult Mental Health will be highly regarded.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information, please contact Shannan Halse, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 3163 5869 or Shannan.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 November 2020
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.