Senior Dietitian (permanent)
Job no: 493377
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater Department of Dietetics and Foodservices has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Dietitian to join their dynamic team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Mater Dietetics and Foodservices provides comprehensive, high quality, evidence based Dietetics services across all facilities at their South Brisbane and Redlands campuses.
Salary range: $53.85 - $57.92 (Health Practitioner Level 4) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The Senior Dietitian is responsible for the service delivery across one or more clinical areas to ensure professional standards, quality, evidence based clinical procedures, service improvement and development and research activities and outcomes. The successful applicant will be responsible for the service standards across diabetes and maternity services, including the Queensland Diabetes and Endocrine Service (QDEC), though this may change over time, dependant on organisational and service requirements.
You will also be responsible for:
- Managing an allocated clinical workload to deliver a high level Nutrition and Dietetic services to patients across Mater Group
- Initiating, implementing and evaluating relevant quality improvement activities and clinical research projects based on best practice and valid evidence
- Delivery of high level clinical dietetic services
- Practice supervision, leadership and performance development to less experienced Nutrition & Dietetics clinical and operational staff and pre-entry students.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Nutrition and Dietetics and have Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) status (or Provisional APD status as appropriate).
- High level of knowledge, expertise and skill in one or more areas of Nutrition and Dietetics, and ability to provide clinical services of a complex nature.
- Proven ability to provide clinical education, supervision and performance development assessment to students, less experienced and support staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
Mater Health Services offers flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere including:
- Participation in Mater's on-campus education programs
- Salary packaging (increasing your take-home pay)
- Discounts at Mater onsite retailers and surrounding businesses
- Subsidised onsite secure car parking
- Access to onsite gym and swimming pool
- Access to an on-site accredited child care centre (subject to availability)
Applications should be submitted on-line and include a resume with 2 professional referees and a brief cover letter summarising how you meet the key skills criteria and the experience you would bring to this particular position.
Click here to review the position description.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 November 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend