Early Childhood Teacher
Job no: 493389
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Suitably qualified and experienced Early Childhood Teachers are encouraged to apply for a permanent full time opportunity with Mater Early Learning, located on-site in South Brisbane at Mater. The successful candidate will be required to commence in January 2021 and rostered to work one set shift throughout the week.
Mater Early Learning plays an integral role in supporting the Mater’s mission through provision of high quality education and care services to the children of Mater staff and the broader community. The centre facilitates the education and care of 250 children across 19 rooms from nursery to kindergarten which are very well resourced.
Salary range: $50,259 - $69,543 (Educational Services Award) per annum plus superannuation and the opportunity to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will provide high quality care and education with a focus on continual improvement underpinned by the principles and practice of the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and meeting the National Quality Standards. You will develop relationships with parents/guardians, build upon the children's knowledge base, and participate in continual in-house and external training under the direction of the Educational Leader and Program Mentor, in addition to:
- Planning, implementing and assessing an emergent education and care program based upon the integrated practices outlined in the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Building relationships with the children's education by providing regular updates on daily learning opportunities
- Documenting and assessing an individual learning portfolio for each child to inform ongoing decisions, facilitating the sharing of information with families and other partners
- Creating a collaborative learning environment with children to explore and build upon their ideas and thinking
- Facilitating appropriate supervision, working with Assistant Educators to promote and maintain a safe environment for children at all times
Accordingly, suitable applicants will need to possess:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood degree (or equivalent)
- Current Teachers registration
- Current Working with Children Check (blue card)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates (ideal)
Further, you will be an exceptional communicator, able to respond to all situations quickly and efficiently, and passionate about creating a positive, creative and inspiring learning environment for children to continually grow and develop.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options. You will also receive access to in-house professional development.
For more information specific to the role, please contact Hari Kouvidis, Mater Early Learning Manager on 07 3163 7840.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend