Social Worker / Psychologist - HP4
Job no: 493390
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater Young Adults Health Clinic Brisbane currently have an opportunity available for a highly experienced, passionate and motivated Psychologist or Social Worker to join Mater Family and Youth Counselling Service on a part-time basis 0.7FTE (26.6hrs/wk), fixed term until 30 November 2021.
The Mater Family and Youth Counselling Service (MFYCS) provides specialist therapeutic services to young people (aged 10 years to 17 years) who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour, as well as to the person/s they have harmed, and their respective parents/carers who have been referred to the service by Restorative Justice Conferencing, Department of Youth Justice.
Salary range: $ 53.86 - 57.93 (Health Practitioner Level 4) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
This challenging yet rewarding position will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive assessment and evidence based therapeutic interventions that are trauma informed, developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive.
- Providing advice to Restorative Justice Conferencing regarding young people’s suitability and readiness to participate in a Restorative Justice Conference for sexual offences.
- Providing services using a systemic framework, including working closely with families, carers and stakeholders.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other team members on shared cases as MFYCS utilises a co-counselling model.
- Delivering training for external stakeholders.
- Maintaining accurate and timely client records and reports.
- Participating in the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols within MFYCS.
- Actively participating in the professional management service arrangements of MFYCS including clinical supervision, data collection, attendance at team meetings, and participation in quality and service improvement activities.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- A tertiary degree in psychology (eligible for registration with the Psychologists Board of Queensland) or social work (eligible for membership with Australian Association of Social Work (AASW)).
- Post-graduate qualifications are highly desirable
- Demonstrated minimum of five years post graduate counselling experience with children, young people and families (experience in working with young people who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour is highly desirable but not essential.)
- An understanding of child development, trauma, interpersonal violence, restorative practices, and relevant legislation.
- High level communications skills and ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Commitment to engaging in reflective practice and ongoing professional development.
Why Join Us?
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Monday 7 December 2020.
For further information, please contact Christine Handy, Manager Mater Family & Youth Counselling Service on ph: 07 3217 4503.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted. In addition to a current CV, please provide a cover letter (1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would make you a suitable candidate for the responsibilities listed.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend