About the role
Mater’s Digital Technology and Information (DTI) department has an exceptional opportunity for two (2) experienced Program Managers to join the team. The opportunities will be offered in a full time and fixed term capacity for 36 months.
The Program Manager will lead and be responsible for the planning and implementation of digital solutions in line with our Digital Plan. The Program Manager roles will lead the Digital Health Program and the Business Systems Transformation Program.
The Digital Health Program includes delivery of digital solutions that enable the transformation of Healthcare. Deliver system changes and improvements in alignment with the Health Ministry Plan. These initiatives enable healthcare transformation and support accreditation and performance improvement. Projects within the program include:
- Data and Analytics
- Clinical Forms Standardisation/ Scanning
- Imaging / Biomed Service Models
- Digital Health Management Suite
- Patient Portal Pilot
- Mater Interoperability platform replacement
- Multiple Integration of Care initiatives (e.g Patient Flow, Referral Management, Outpatient Rapid Improvement)
The Business Systems Transformation Program will enable the integration of our Education, Foundation & Research Ministries and the transformation of our Business Services. Projects within the program include:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Service Delivery Portal
- HR System – payroll and time & attendance
- Digital Experience/Digital Marketplace
This represents an opportunity to join an iconic Queensland organisation which is a proudly values led Non for Profit.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
The Program Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and management of specified programs and will establish appropriately sized project teams collaboratively with the Digital leadership team and the broader organisation. The role will work closely with the Program Director Digital Delivery to manage the analysis, selection, design, implementation of program streams and enable capabilities.
- Planning and constructing the Digital program stream and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the program's governance arrangements in alignment with Mater’s Project Management Framework
- Documentation and management of approval/governance processes for Investment Submissions to initiate Programs and Projects ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the program's budget on behalf of the SRO
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of resources and skills within the program's individual projects
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the program's successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the program at regular intervals to the Sponsors, Program Director and Group Chief Digital Officer
You will have expert knowledge of contemporary best practice project and change management methodologies, principles and practice.
Other skills and experience include:
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent (essential)
- Formal project/program management qualifications such as PMI, RegPM, MSP, P3O or PRINCE2(essential)
- Background in program delivery within an ICT environment(essential)
- Although the role is not technical, the successful candidate will need to be able to manage technical teams and third party vendors (desirable)
- Expert business and financial judgement, including financial modelling and analysis
- High level skills in project and change management
- Broad experience in planning and prioritising projects and tasks
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For more information, please contact Jayson Hawke, Program Director Digital Delivery, on 0411 269 558
To view the Position Description please learn more here Program Manager - Role Description Review Ready (002).doc.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1 February 2020.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.