Dietetics Conjoint Clinical Educator – Mater and Bond University
Job no: 493521
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
There is an exciting opportunity for a Nutrition and Dietetics Clinical Educator to join the team on a full time, 3-year fixed term basis.
This position is a conjoint position between Mater Nutrition and Dietetics and Bond University’s Nutrition and Dietetic Practice Program, Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, embedded within the Department of Dietetics and Food Services at Mater and co-located at Bond University.
Salary range: $53.85 - $57.92 (Health Practitioner Level 4) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The role of the Clinical Educator will be to:
- Provide integrated clinical dietetics education and co-ordinate Mater-based placement supervision to bridge university-based teaching and learning with clinical practice-based practice for Bond University’s nutrition and dietetics students.
- Provide lectures, workshops and simulations in relevant subjects within the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice program at Bond University.
- Provide leadership and support at a local level to site supervisors, pre-entry students and new graduates by:
- Facilitating and supervising all clinical education activities across the Mater campus and externally where possible (e.g. other placement sites such as smaller private hospitals) by liaison and collaboration with state-wide clinical education colleagues, key stakeholders and networks.
- Training, managing and supporting site supervisors across the campus (and other sites as negotiated) with multi-site responsibilities.
- Directly supervising Bond clinical and foodservice placement students.
- Provide leadership and support in the development and evaluation of the Mater dietetics professional development and education program including supervision of new and recent graduates.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics and have Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) status (or provisional APD status as appropriate)
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge, expertise and skill in one or more areas of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and evaluate evidence-based service improvement initiatives and/or research activities and provide clinical supervision to less experienced Dietetic staff.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical services of a complex nature, where established principles, procedures and methods require some expansion, adaptation or modification.
- Previous work experience managing progression of students in clinical placements as well as clinical education of nutrition and dietetic students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice to professional supervisors and other senior staff regarding evidence-based service delivery and improvement opportunities.
As a conjoint academic appointment, it is expected that the successful applicant would commit to a program of continuing scholarly professional development relevant to clinical education and/or clinical dietetics, including, but not limited to, a higher degree.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 20 January 2021
Applicants should provide a CV and concise cover letter (no more than 2 pages) summarising how they meet the key skills, experience and attributes outlined in the Role Description.
To view the Role Description please click here - PD_Clinical Educator (Dietetics).pdf
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend