Registered Nurse - Medical Assessment and Planning Unit (MAPU) & Acute Medical Ward
Job no: 493532
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane’s Medical Assessment and Planning Unit (MAPU) & Acute Medical Ward has exciting opportunities for passionate and motivated Registered Nurses to join the team on a permanent part time basis (minimum 64 hours per fortnight 0.8FTE).
This ward provides early comprehensive assessment and ongoing care for acute patients under the care of an inpatient Medical team, including sub-specialty areas of Respiratory, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Endocrinology, Dermatology and the Chest Pain Assessment Service.
Salary range: $36.32 - $46.67 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Whilst maintaining the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and the continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of emergency procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
- Supporting the Nurse Manager in the review of service provided
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute hospital setting (2+ years post graduate experience)
- Considerable demonstrated experience in MAPU or acute medical
- Comprehensive assessment skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Patient centric approach to care - commitment to ensuring the levels of service are always delivered to patients at all times
While not essential, applicants who currently have or are studying towards a tertiary qualification relevant to this clinical speciality would be highly regarded.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 January 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend