Job no: 493547
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Pathology currently has an exciting 6 month fixed term contract for a Central Specimen Reception (CSR) Supervisor. The fixed term full time position (38 hr /week) will be within the Mater Pathology main laboratory in South Brisbane.
With over 100 years of experience, Mater Pathology is Queensland’s leading not-for-profit pathology provider, at the forefront of innovation providing a broad spectrum of unique pathology expertise through its highly skilled cohesive team of pathologists and scientific, technical and administration staff.
What you'll be doing
The role is to oversee the daily management of CSR’s 24/7 service and operational officer activities within the laboratory associated with the data entry, processing and preparation of clinical specimens for analysis, examination and reporting.
The role will operate at a high level of autonomy and initiative will be required to be exhibited in accomplishing objectives, undertaking projects and problem solving. The role will work within a highly motivated interactive team and contribute to operational decision-making.
This role will assist the CSR Manager in the delivery of continuous quality improvement within the division and act collaboratively with laboratory colleagues, medical, nursing and other allied health staff.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Monitoring and promoting awareness of the necessity to meticulously identify specimens and to accurately transfer data throughout the handling process and of the serious consequences of misidentification
- Monitoring compliance to specimen registration, processing, storage and coordinating despatch requirements to referral laboratories
- Training team members, rostering, performing performance reviews, coordinating workflow processes and be responsible for quality of output of subordinate staff
- Demonstrating commitment and ability to work both individually and as a leader of a team, liaise with team members, colleagues and supervisors and exhibit a high level of interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrating advanced data analysis and computer skills in laboratory systems and MS Office suite
- Coordinating document control activities for the division
- A high level of customer experience skills to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Adhering to departmental quality system procedures, and the occupational health and safety policy in order to uphold laboratory standards and ensure personal and others' health and safety in the workplace
- Covering shifts within the 24/7 service and on-call
Salary range: $35.36-38.98 (Operational Officer Level 5) per hour plus superannuation
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- A background in customer service and /or >3 years’ experience in a laboratory for healthcare diagnostic services
- A Certificate III or IV in Laboratory or Pathology related skills
- Current CASA Safe Transport of Infectious Substances by Air accreditation A Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent qualification
In addition, you will have well-developed oral and written communication skills and work as an active team member providing laboratory services dedicated to patients and our doctors.
Why join us?
The successful applicant will join an experienced and supportive team and will be provided with an excellent professional development opportunity to further hone your leadership skills while making a positive contribution.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Monday 25 January 2021.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend