Job no: 493549
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Education & Training
About the role
An opportunity has become available within Mater Education’s dynamic teaching team for an experienced Educator within Vocational Education. This is a permanent full time (38 hours per week) position. This opportunity will require the ability to work Mondays to Saturdays.
Programs to teach:
Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability)
Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Certificate II in Health Support Services
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you'll be doing
As an Educator, your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Plan, prepare and deliver training according to program requirements including workplace, online or classroom, and/or a combination of each when they are scheduled
- Provide flexible training and assessment strategies suited to the learning needs of individual students
- Deliver and assess participants within classroom, simulation and workplace experience environments
- Evaluate and monitor student progress throughout the course, providing appropriate support as needed
- Manage assessment of student competence throughout the course, providing sufficient constructive feedback to promote positive outcomes
- Ensure all deliveries are fully compliant with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015, CRICOS, or subsequent regulatory framework
- Use and maintain Mater Education’s equipment, facilities and resources in a professional and responsible manner
- Manage students administratively according to Mater Education’s procedures within the student management system (SMS) and learning management system (LMS)
- Attend and contribute to team meetings, open days, expos and information nights as required
- Actively participate in validation of assessments through the moderation process
To be considered for this role, applicants will: possess the below qualifications and experience:
Essential qualifications for all educators
- Relevant qualification related to area of training and assessment
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Valid Working with Children Card (BlueCard)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Valid Police Check
- Further post graduate studies in related disciplines
- TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the relevant industry
- Demonstrated experience in the VET sector
- Detailed understanding of the relevant profession and accreditation requirements
- Experience working within an RTO environment
- Sound knowledge and experience of RTO processes
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 January 2021.
For further information, please contact Andrew Dutton, Manager Service Delivery Vocational Education & Training on 07 3163 6978.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend