Educator Assistant- Childcare
Job no: 493573
Work type: Casual
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Early Learning is seeking motivated and enthusiastic Educator Assistants - Childcare to join their friendly and professional team on a casual basis. You will become a dedicated and essential member of the team working from Monday to Friday, with hours of operation between 6:15am - 6:00pm.
Salary range: Children Services Level 3 per hour plus casual loading and superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The Educator Assistant position contributes to providing high quality care to the children attending Mater Early Learning with a focus on continual improvement. This includes but is not limited to developing relationships with families, extending upon children’s knowledge base and meeting each child’s daily needs.
As a Mater Early Learning Educator Assistant you will play an integral role in:
- Supporting the Educator in providing children with opportunities to plan, prepare and participate in learning experiences, projects and programs
- Preparing materials and activities for the children and assisting in supervising the children at all times
- Interact with children to jointly construct learning through collaborative investigation and exploration that builds on their ideas and thinking, ensuring you provide children with opportunities to participate in the planning and preparation of activities
- Fulfilling other operational responsibilities and duties as requested by the Educator and/or Centre Director
- Understanding, adhering and promoting Centre policies and procedures
To be considered for this role it is essential that you hold:
- Current Certificate III in Children Services or have commenced studying towards this qualification
- Current Attainment of Suitability Card (Blue Card)
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (desirable)
- Possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend