Intensive Outreach Worker
Job no: 493622
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Community Services & Development
About the role
Clarence Street are currently seeking applications from experienced youth workers to join our new service as an Intensive Outreach Worker. This is a full time position.
In this role you will actively engage with young people with problematic substance use who are not engaging with AOD services. The position is for a new program initiative for young people 13 –17 years.
The community based intensive outreach program will seek to engage and support a small group of young people who tend to access AOD support and other services during crisis, the overall aim of the program is to promote increased functioning and connection with the community. The program will also offer counselling and support for families or other supports in the young person’s life.
Other services at Clarence Street include a residential withdrawal program, a specialist youth work service that can outreach to individual young people and a Day Program where young people can drop in and access support in a creative and safe environment. Clarence Street also provides parent psycho-education and support, to individuals, couples and via groups.
Salary range: $31.97 - $44.31 per hour (Health Practitioner Level 2) plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As an Intensive Outreach Worker, you will facilitate a range of responses that meet the young person’s assessed needs such as AOD and primary health.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Delivering youth alcohol and other drug interventions, including brief intervention, assessment and support within a harm minimisation framework
- Developing strategies and interventions that assist young people to connect and engage with their local community
- Work collaboratively with the allied health team to support treatment goals for young person and their family/carers or other people involved in the young person’s care
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Diploma or Certificate IV qualification preferably in Alcohol and Other Drugs / Youth Work / Community Services or other Human Services qualification
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people with complex needs in an outreach setting, providing youth AOD interventions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, establish priorities, exercise initiative and deliver outputs within agreed timeframes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability and experience in establishing and developing key relationships with stakeholders
- Willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
This position will require you be part of an on-call roster providing after hours support for Clarence Street residential services.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information, please contact Amanda Tilse, Manager Clarence Street on 07 3163 8400.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend