Senior Medical Officer - Dermatology
Job no: 493643
Work type: Casual, Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers
About the role
Mater Health are currently seeking two Senior Medical Officers in Dermatology working across the Mater’s Medical and Chronic Disease Services.
The positions are available for suitably qualified and experienced SMO’s to work 2 or 4 hours per week. You will participate in the provision of clinical services to the patients of the hospital- Dermatology and the Skin Service in accordance with the Medical Board of Australia.
Salary range: commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
This is a sensational opportunity for a Specialist with suitable expertise to join our team to provide care to patients across the campus as well as supervising and teaching junior medical staff and trainees.
You will provide medical and diagnostic care in the field of Dermatology and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- interview, examine and identify clinical problems;
- plan overall clinical care; patient advocacy and communication
- select, arrange and report on appropriate investigations;
- review of patients;
- adequately document patient’s progress;
- preparation of discharge letters, discharge summaries and other reports as required by the Hospital;
- supervise junior medical officers
- work collaboratively with senior medical staff, nursing staff, allied health and ancillary staff
You will also work in collaboration with the Plastic Surgery Service to enable continuity of care and a combined clinical approach.
This role will suit a dynamic AHPRA-registered Medical Practitioner, with experience in Dermatology, who works well with other practitioners and is experienced in mentoring and sharing experience with other staff.
The ideal applicants will have:
- Specialist AHPRA registration
- Appropriate specialist qualifications
- Proven ability to work well with other clinicians
- Experience in teaching in Tertiary institution/s (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in medical research (desirable)
- Ability to assist in maintenance of quality improvement programmes.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 2 March 2021.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Wendy Harris, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology and ENT Service Manager on 07 3163 7926 or Hayley Bracken Senior Admin Officer on 07 3163 6353.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend