Job no: 493688
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
An exciting opportunity for a Social Worker is available within Mater Hospital Brisbane. This role will be offered as a permanent full time opportunity.
You will be joining a welcoming, friendly and professional team providing Social Work services across Mater Hospitals and will work closely with the multidisciplinary teams in varied caseloads. While the appointee will be allocated to a particular position on commencement, the role may be required to work across other areas of the department as required.
Salary range: $33.99 - $49.82 (HP3) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Completion of psychosocial assessments, risk assessments and timely and appropriate social work interventions
- Referral and liaison with other healthcare services, government and community agencies
- Advocacy to promote and address the needs of patients, families and carers
- Participating in the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols within the social work department
- Working cooperatively and effectively with patients, families and carers, and as a member of a multidisciplinary and social work team
To apply for this position:
- Essential – A degree in Social Work that provides eligibility for membership the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW). Tertiary qualifications for social work from overseas institutions require the applicant to include official notification from AASW that the qualification has been assessed as eligible for membership.
- Desirable – Current membership with the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW).
- Experience in the provision of social work services in an acute hospital setting would be preferred
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for application is Monday 8 March 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend