Clinical Nurse / Diabetes Educator
Job no: 493698
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Exciting opportunities have become available for a highly motivated Clinical Nurse/ Diabetes Educator to join the Diabetes & Endocrine team at the Queensland Diabetes & Endocrine Centre (QDEC) for a period of 12 months. There are several full or part time positions available, actual hours will be discussed at interview.
QDEC provides comprehensive ambulatory and inpatient care for young adults and adults with diabetes and endocrine conditions and is staffed by a multi-disciplinary team of Endocrinologists, Diabetes Nurse Educators, Dietitians, Psychologists and Podiatrists.
Salary range: $47.47-$50.86 (RN2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
- Providing contemporary, evidence-based diabetes education and self-management support for people living with diabetes and their families
- Participating in regular professional development and team meetings
- Managing relationships and liaising effectively with other members of the multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of optimal health care
- Contributing to planning and evaluation processes at the QDEC
- Contributing to the provision of diabetes education for Mater clinical staff to maintain currency and proficiency of knowledge of diabetes management
- Effectively managing/identifying risk, reporting patient complaints and implementing strategies to ensure that quality is integrated in to service provision
To be considered for this role, applicants must demonstrate:
- Highly developed communication skills within professional, legal and ethical parameters
- Ability to work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to optimise patient health outcomes
- Current registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse
- Post-graduate qualifications in diabetes education preferable
- Experience in intensive management strategies eg CGM/FGM, Insulin pump therapy
- Credentialled status with the Australian Diabetes Educators Association will also be highly valued
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Joanne Pennisi, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 3163 2433.
Applications close on Sunday 7 March 2021.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend