Administration Officer (Mater at Home)
Job no: 493723
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater at Home currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer to join the Clinic Services team on a fixed-term part-time basis (16 hours a week) for a period of 12 months. You must be available to work on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Mater at Home provides home-based allied health and nursing services to adults and children in and around Brisbane. They provide a flexible, rapid response service to residents that live within a 35 to 40 kilometre radius from Mater Health Services (South Brisbane campus).
Mater at Home seeks to maintain close working relationships with hospitals, other healthcare providers and general practitioners to ensure clients receive seamless healthcare from hospital to home.
Salary range: $26.51 - $30.77 (MCA Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As an Administration Officer you will coordinate and provide administration support for the clinic areas to maximise service delivery.
Specific responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Manage, organise and provide confidential administrative support to the Department ensuring the office is efficiently managed and represented
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence on a range of issues relevant to the area
- Establish maintain and/or use effective office processes using various information systems to ensure the recording and filing of various documentation and information
- Assist with accurate and timely data entry of departmental database using electronic systems
To be considered suitable for this role you will have:
- Previous administration experience within a healthcare environment (mandatory)
- Ability to provide efficient and effective office administrative procedures in a timely and organised manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent phone manner and customer service skills
- High level literacy skills, in particular grammar and spelling, and an ability to draft correspondence
- Convey information, accurately and effectively, with discretion
- Ability to rapidly acquire proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, various databases and other office-related software applications
- Promote a positive team spirit and be a contributing team member
- Take appropriate action to positively resolve problems – “think outside the box”
- Knowledge of general medical and healthcare terminology
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 26 February 2020.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend