Senior Application Specialist
Job no: 493804
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater Digital Technology and Information Division are seeking a Senior Applications Specialist to join the team on a full-time, five month contract.
The Senior Applications Specialist is a leadership role who works as part of the team responsible for providing expert advice and support of applications used across Mater Group. This role has expert content knowledge to ensure maintenance, support, problem solving and continuous improvement are managed in a timely and customer focused manner to meet business needs. This role will be assigned to some key Pharmacy system projects that will commence shortly, involving implementation of e-Prescribing and clinical tools to support active medication profiles, AUC pharmacokinetics, discharge medication profiles, and uploading of Pharmacy documents to the My Health Record.
As a leader within the applications area, this role will coach and mentor team members at an operational level in the integrated operation of complex enterprise information systems.
Salary range: $58.22-$62.48 per hour plus super (Corporate & Administration Services Level 7)
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Leads provision of professional, timely and effective application support services including the identification and resolution of complex DTID troubleshooting activities.
- Manages and leads medium to large projects such as system upgrades, new configuration, system integration and business efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Determines and prioritises configuration changes/updates in consultation with users, management and key stakeholders.
- Manages and oversees outcomes of user acceptance testing routines and develops application requirements for test conditions and other business outcomes.
- Utilise the Information and Technology change management procedure for all system changes IT Problem Management (e.g. troubleshooting of recurring IT faults).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in business management, information technology, leadership, organisational change or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in clinical specialty and/or minimum 2 years’ experience in Health Informatics
- Demonstrated experience in providing Subject Matter Expertise in Electronic medication management and/or e-prescribing solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of ITIL principles, and basic applications management.
- Prior experience in IT project implementation or program coordination.
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively liaise and build rapport with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse activities and priorities across organisational boundaries to ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels in a customer focused environment.
- Experience in use of Merlin medication management application is highly desirable
An ITIL Foundation 3 and/or Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) membership and credentials would be highly desirable but not essential.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information, please contact Lyam Jones, Manager Application Support on 07 3163 8123.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend