Trial Administration & Finance Coordinator
Job no: 493919
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Mater Research is a world class facility that is committed to academic medicine and aims to discover, develop, translate, and commercialise medical research that integrates with relevant areas of excellence within clinical practice. Proud of its strong history and relationship with Mater, Mater Research is continuing to drive medical innovation which can be translated into clinical care for the benefit of all. The Medical Oncology Research Group was established to perform clinical trials and other clinical research studies addressing the major unmet needs in Mater Health’s cancer patient population.
The work undertaken by this group requires the services of a talented Trial Administration and Finance Coordinator to ensure the high quality and timeliness of Medical Oncology Clinical Trials.
The Trial Administration and Finance Coordinator’s role encompasses the following duties:
- Responsibility for all invoicing and cost recovery for activities related to clinical trials within the medical oncology trials unit
- Responsible for payment of incoming invoices for clinical trial activity, invoicing sponsors for clinical trial activity and cost reimbursement for patient travel for clinical trial participants
- Assisting with budgeting for clinical trials according to standard costings for the clinical trials unit
- Providing accurate and complete records by entering patient data into electronic case report forms
- Assisting in the organising and running quality assurance activities in regards to collection, integrity and possible recovery of data
- Utilising appropriate resources and liaise with team members and clinical teams to clarify information as required, including correcting inaccurate or incomplete information
- Assisting the trial coordinator with monitoring visits, reviews monitoring follow-up letters, addresses open action items in collaboration with research team.
The skills and attributes which will facilitate your success in this role are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Current International Conference on Harmonisation Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) certificate would be highly desirable
- Sound knowledge of medical and scientific terminology including anatomy, physiology and disease processes relating to Medical Oncology would be highly desirable
- Advanced computer skills - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access
- Ability to acquire the knowledge of the required protocol related research activity
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to interact effectively with staff across multiple functional areas and establish and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A high degree of initiative, self-direction and decision making ability when managing data queries
- Attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy
Applications should include a CV, cover letter outlining your interest in this position, and contact details of two professional referees.
Contract duration: 12 months
Salary: $59,670 p.a. - $64,859p.a. plus superannuation and generous salary packaging
Closing date for Applications: COB 03 May 2021
Enquiries specific to the position, please contact David Courtney-Rodgers email@example.com
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend