About the role and you
Mater Health has an exciting opportunity for an experienced business development professional to join a dynamic team responsible for accelerating growth and development opportunities across Queensland.
This new role will suit a highly motivated candidate looking to further their career and step into a position reporting directly to the Director Business Development. If you value a high performing, collaborative and supportive environment where you have the space to create, innovate and drive success – you are the person we are looking for.
To excel in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Experience working in a hospital and/or healthcare environment
- Significant experience in developing and implementing business development plans
- Proven track record in achieving business development growth targets
- Strong customer service skills with experience delivering end to end projects across a wide range of stakeholders
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Excellent organisational skills and a strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- A passion for the dynamic and varied nature of the healthcare industry
- A strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork
- Strong written ability that can be executed across multiple channels.
Please summarise your skills and experience in a cover letter along with your resume.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and executing business development initiatives and programs to achieve growth targets across the health business.
- Facilitating market research and analysis to support business development planning.
- Reporting and monitoring emerging trends and competitor activity.
- Assisting in the attraction, retention and onboarding of private specialists to our organisation.
- Establishing collegiate relationships with referrers, partnering healthcare organisations and private specialists to identify and implement new referral sources.
- Growing and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders to identify business development opportunities.
- Preparing analytical reports, proposals, polices and presentations.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to promote Mater Health and its hospital brands, programs and areas of impact.
About Mater Health
A Catholic not-for-profit ministry of Mercy Partners, Mater is guided by the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy who first established Mater in 1906 when they built the first Mater Private Hospital. This was the start of a tradition of care and compassion for the sick and needy that continues to inspire us today.
Through our extensive network of hospitals and related businesses, a nationally accredited education provider and a world-class research institute, we're working together to meet the needs of the community and improve your health and wellbeing.
In delivering the healing ministry of Jesus we not only respond to, but actively seek to support individuals and families disadvantaged by health or social circumstances. We are able to meet these needs by reinvesting any revenue from the business back into the provision of health care services.
Like our founders, we are dedicated to providing our services through a sincere commitment to our Mission and Values.
Our internationally-acclaimed hospital network supports thousands of people each year and comprises of hospitals in South East, Central and North Queensland and pathology, pharmacy and allied health businesses. Beyond our hospital walls, we aim to support the community in making better choices about their health, every day
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For more information please contact Lisa Dibbs, Director, Business Development on 0731631975 or Lisa.Dibbs@mater.org.au.