Clinician Lead - Mater Young Adult Health Centre
Job no: 493966
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health, CNC
About the role
Mater Young Adult Health Centre Brisbane is seeking a Lead Clinician (Allied or Nursing background) to join the team on a part time, fixed term basis (24 hours per week) until November 2022.
This role will undertake service development work relating to Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Services and Mother Baby Mental Health Services for Mater Health. The primary focus of this role is to manage the successful delivery of the projects by working collaboratively with senior health leaders, business and community representatives to deliver on the intent of the projects. The role will be a key part of the broader project team and provide clinical expertise, including the development of models of care, evaluation, workforce and service plans. The role will be accountable to the relevant Project Steering Committees and Executive Sponsors.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
You will deliver expert clinical knowledge to these projects to ensure evidence-based models of care, clinical service plans and inform workforce plans.
- The role will work closely with the Capital Works Project Director and Project Officer to inform clinical requirements of the project.
- Responsibility for managing the successful delivery of significant components required to deliver the Project scope of work;
- Contribute to change management strategy using a structured methodology and leadership Provide advice to the Steering Committee on all aspects of the project;
- Manage and monitor the project using project methodologies, processes and approaches that identify and capture risks, issues, actions and dependencies. Prepare regular progress reports and supporting documents as required for the Steering Committee, project working groups and other stakeholders
- Promote the project goals, manage communications and quickly establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders;
- Manage escalated risks in collaboration with the project sponsors to within agreed tolerances, escalate and report any Project risks in a timely manner.
- Develop evaluation frameworks for the projects and integrate them within services and the broader organisation
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Midwife
- Nursing or Allied Health Qualifications
- Project management experience
- Previous experience in implementing a new Health (AOD/Mental Health) Service would be advantages
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information please contact Greg McGahan, Senior Manager Young Adult & Mental Health Services on 07 3163 8318.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend