Director Property & Assets
Job no: 493990
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Engineering, Trades and Services
About the role
Mater’s Development and Property department currently has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Director Property & Assets to join the team. This opportunity is offered as permanent and full time.
In this pivotal leadership role, you will be responsible for leading the Property and Assets team and the management of a property portfolio in excess of $1 billion. You will have overall responsibility for the operations of:
- Property Services
- Campus Services (Car Parks, Childcare, Patient Accommodation, Campus Operations)
This is a career defining opportunity to join a market leader in healthcare and a proudly values led organisation. You will be a commercially focussed and strategic people leader with strong stakeholder management skills and demonstrated success in leading transformation.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, manage and direct the MML state-wide property portfolio functions ensuring they are appropriately resourced and that performance expectations are communicated and met. These functions include but are not limited to:
- portfolio management
- property management, leasing, lease administration, mortgage and Body Corporate management services;
- asset management, property condition audits, valuations and input into the development of life-cycle replacement and planned maintenance programs,
- asset review and determination of end-of-life strategies such as redevelopment or disposal; and
- campus services (including the management of revenue streams in relation to childcare, patient accommodation and car parking).
- Provide expert advice to the Mater Executive, CEO and Board on property and asset management matters including policy development, strategic asset management, property acquisitions and disposals, and operational and financial performance matters affecting the portfolio.
- Provide direct advice to the Chief Development and Property Officer related to:
- Development opportunities and business cases;
- Program and Asset reconfiguration;
- Asset management framework and performance measures;
- Risk mitigation strategies to improve the suitability and sustainability of the portfolio.
- Effectively manage and lead a diverse team to create a work environment that encourages staff to develop technical and human resource skills, commit to the mission and values of Mater and promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships across Mater and industry to influence the effective management of properties, leases and assets, including:
- Working in partnership with Mater’s business development team to attract and retain clinically focussed tenants.
- Working collaboratively with local authorities and specialist property consultants to realign assets and identify development opportunities.
- Provide guidance and direction to Property Managers and Body Corporate Officers in preparing management reports and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation. Fulfil Body Corporate responsibilities as nominated representing MML as owner within relevant Body Corporates;
- Lead the development of significant leasing deals; oversee the administration of all leases, subleases, licences and tenancy agreements across Mater campus’ (Mater as Landlord) and represent Mater in the leasing of external properties (Mater as Tenant).
- Proactive participation and valued input to the Development and Property Leadership team.
To be considered for this role you will have demonstrated success in a similar role in a large and complex organisation. Property and asset management within a health context would be advantageous but not essential.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
To view the Position Description please learn more 20210421 Director Property and Assets (003).docx
Applications close Tuesday 11 May 2021.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend