Director Marketing - Mater Foundation
Job no: 493993
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Marketing & Communications, Fundraising/Foundation
About the role
Mater Foundation has an exciting, newly created opportunity for an experienced and driven Marketing Director to join the team on a permanent full-time basis.
Mater Foundation is the community-based fundraising organisation that supports the work of Mater Health, Mater Education and Mater Research. Mater Foundation raises funds through a wide range of different programs to help support Mater’s provision of exceptional health care, education and investment in world-leading medical research.
Mater Foundation is one of the largest and most diverse philanthropic and fundraising organisations in Queensland. Mater is Queensland’s largest Catholic not-for-profit healthcare provider.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and passionate marketing specialist who wants to help shape and support the marketing function for a leading philanthropic and fundraising organisation that truly makes a measurable difference to the community.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Executive Director - Mater Foundation, this role is responsible for enabling the marketing resources for the organisation and providing the collateral to each of the fundraising teams within Lotteries, Philanthropy, Corporate & Community Engagement. Stakeholder engagement is critical as an essential component for this role is developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of Mater.
Some of your key duties will include (but not limited to):
- As part of the Mater Foundation’s leadership team support the business achieve shared goals of increased brand awareness and consideration, increased number of supporters, and increased financial support
- Protect and enhance the Mater brand and support business revenue and growth targets by leading and managing the marketing strategy for Mater Foundation in line with the strategic business and marketing objectives of the organisation
- Lead the development (and maintenance) of marketing materials demonstrating the compelling need in the community of Mater’s vision and individual service objectives
- Ensure efficient distribution of marketing resources / collateral to assist the revenue generating teams of Lotteries, Philanthropy, and Corporate & Community Engagement to implement their specific marketing plans.
- Lead a small team responsible for enabling marketing activities and integrating Mater Foundation activities across Mater’s shared services of brand, internal communications, external communications, and event management
- Manage the marketing budget setting, forecasting and reporting
- Undertake detailed analysis of marketing programs and activities to provide strategic input unto the business decisions
- Utilising an integrated marketing communications approach, schedule and manage regular interactions with all stakeholders to provide clarity of future activities and to maximise the available communication channels
- Integration of consistent philanthropic and fundraising messages to extend across Mater and the community through Mater’s centrally managed Internal and External Communications Team
- Working with business leads, plan and implement the digital strategy to drive acquisition of donors, event participants, etc
- Provide strategic marketing advice across Mater Foundation activities
As the successful candidate, you will have exceptional stakeholder management experience and highly developed communication skills, along with:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in marketing and communications.
- Five years’ minimum experience in a similar senior/management role with exposure to complex group environments
- Experience leading teams and influencing others to achieve shared outcomes
- Knowledge of contemporary marketing principles and evolving trends.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering successful brand and marketing strategies to achieve the business objectives of an organisation.
- Proficiency in managing brand assets, digital asset management systems and digital platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing collaboration and negotiation with staff, clients and external agencies at a variety of levels
- Understanding and experience of effective digital marketing
- Experience working with professionals in a service delivery environment
Why join us?
- An opportunity to work for an iconic Queensland brand
- An opportunity to work with a highly reputable Foundation within the Not for Profit and Healthcare industries that will give you firsthand experience in making a real difference in the wider community
- Professional development, coaching and mentoring opportunities to build your skills
- Competitive salary packaging options
Application closing date Monday 10th May 2021.
Applications will be considered as they are received and candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date so do not delay in applying.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend