About the role
Mater Research is searching for an experienced Research Nurse to join our growing Medical Oncology team at our South Brisbane campus. Reporting to the Clinical Trials Coordinator, this role will be offered on a full-time basis for a 12-month period.
Mater Research (MR) is a world-class institute that is committed to academic medicine and aims to discover, develop, translate, and commercialise medical research that integrates with relevant areas of excellence within clinical practice. MR discovers ways to prevent and treat conditions affecting babies, children, adolescents and adults, helping them to lead healthy lives.
This role represents a unique and career defining opportunity to join a market leader in healthcare and a proudly Mission Led organisation.
Salary: Mater Research Level $93,187 - $104,636 p.a. + super + salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
In this important role you will be allocated research activity relevant to the Medical Oncology team. You will be responsible to ensure timeliness of the scheduling of clinical research procedures required by research protocols. They will be expected to conduct clinical research trials whilst ensuring that the applicable local, national and international regulations and standards are being met. This position is also responsible for ensuring that clinical processes, systems and educational tools are being utilised appropriately in the conduct of clinical research. Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the care of Medical Oncology clinical trial patients as per specific protocol requirements
- Clinical application of trial related activities including but not limited to administration of chemotherapy and immunotherapy drugs and Investigational Products, blood collection, patient adverse event assessment, performing electrocardiographs
- Developing strong working relationships with the clinical trial patient and their care givers
- Implementation and day to day management of research projects in close collaboration with clinical staff and study investigators ensuring efficient processes are instigated and followed
- Identification of barriers to adequate study recruitment in close collaboration with study investigator and develop improved strategies
- Assisting in the development of data collection systems and organise and manage data collection in accordance with regulatory standards and project timelines
- Developing a strong working relationship with Principal Investigators and Co Investigators to ensure effective and timely implementation of clinical research
- Ensuring that the Ethics and Research Governance Office receives required trial progress reports, any protocol amendments and trial reports.
You will be an experienced research nurse with a passion to be involved in research that makes a tangible difference to the lives of people with cancer. Additionally, you will possess the following:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration
- Relevant and current qualification (within 2 years) related to Medical Oncology Nursing
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills necessary for negotiating and liaising effectively with a diverse range of staff, patients and other stakeholders
- Ability to conduct clinical research to ensure consistency and adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Chemotherapy, Central Venous Access Device, venepuncture competencies
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the NHMRC National Statement on Ethical conduct in research involving humans
- Knowledge of data management systems
- Project management skills
- Advanced computer skills.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
To learn more - 2104 - PD - Research Nurse - Medical Oncology.pdf
Please click "Apply now" -Applications should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae addressing the selection criteria in the attached position description along with contact details of two professional referees.
Closing date for Applications is Friday 28 May 2021
For position enquiries, please contact Kellie Bamford at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.