Enrolled Nurse - Anaesthetics, Mater Hospital Brisbane
Job no: 494010
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Enrolled Nurse
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane is seeking enthusiastic Enrolled Nurses with experience in Anaesthetics for a permanent full time opportunity and a permanent part time opportunity working 64 hours per fortnight.
Salary range: $31.42 - $33.46 (Enrolled Nurse) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, our Enrolled Nurses make up a vital and respected part of the nursing team at Mater.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Utilising a structured approach carry out comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments of patients.
- Within scope of practice, implements planned evidence based nursing care and interventions.
- Act as a patient advocate ensuring patients are informed and consent is gained prior to procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an environment which promotes safety, security and personal integrity of individual patients and groups.
- Maintain and adhere to Infection Control policies and practices
- Complies with organisational policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines.
- Ensure confidentiality of corporate and patient information.
While providing you the ability to work at the top of your scope, you will be supported by an experienced and knowledgeable nursing team to assist you in providing exceptional care every time.
Your experience will provide valued support to the team and the perioperative service as a whole, utilising your enthusiasm and passion for nursing within a collaborative and professional environment.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as an Enrolled Nurse (no restrictions)
- At least 2 years’ experience as an Enrolled Nurse in Anaesthetics (desirable)
- Availability for rotating roster shifts including weekends and on call
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Patient centric approach to care - commitment to ensuring the levels of service are always delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14 May 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend